Join MicroStrategy global security team as Security Engineer. MicroStrategy is one of the biggest US technology companies focused on delivering advanced analytics solutions in Business Intelligence space. Every day tens of thousands of professionals from companies like Netflix, Facebook or Adidas rely on and use MicroStrategy’s software to make data-informed, better business decisions.
Global Security team at MicroStrategy focus its efforts on detecting, monitoring and tracking of security vulnerabilities at web applications, web servers, databases and operating systems levels. As MicroStrategy has been the first public company to invest heavily in Bitcoin in 2020 (safe link to read about it here), it instantly became a subject of series of cyberattacks. Therefore we’re looking forward to strengthening our security team with a top-notch security professional.
Tools & technologies that we work with: Python, PHP, SIEM (ArcSight, QRadar, Log Rhythm, Splunk), IDS/IPS, Vulnerability scanners (Nessus, Nexpose), Burp Suite, ZAP Proxy, AWS / Azure cloud solutions, Linux / Windows OS.
What we offer?
- salary in line with your experience (up to 19 000 pln gross on employment contract),
- working in an international, professional team across the globe,
- reporting directly to Security Manager in the US,
- flexible working hours,
- 100% remote work during pandemic (and up to 4 days remotely when it’s finished),
- comprehensive introduction to MicroStrategy products,
- modern office in the city center near Rondo Daszyńskiego in Warsaw,
- private healthcare plan with dental care (EnelMed),
- Fitbit + Multisport sports card,
- Apple hardware for work,
- budget for trainings and certifications,
- individual approach to your career development.
What you will do:
- build automated workflows and develop security automations using Python or PHP,
- support detecting, monitoring and tracking of security vulnerabilities (web, servers, DB, OS),
- conduct on-going security assessments and remediation activities,
- assist the network and operations teams in implementing security best practices,
- help AWS / Azure cloud operations in securing customer environments,
- work with network and systems engineering teams to promote automated monitoring,
- work with the compliance team to identify and document risks,
- develop and design project plans, tasks and timelines,
- assist in the ongoing development and documentation of various systems, policies, procedures,
- research new products and make appropriate recommendations.
It’s up to your experience but you could also do things like:
- perform penetration testing,
- configure SIEM performance and event data quality to maximise SIEM system efficiency,
- configure and troubleshoot IAM policies, security groups, service control policies, MSI.
Ideally we would like you to have:
- 2-5 years exp in Python or PHP programming,
- experience in development of security automations,
- understanding of concepts like SIEM, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanners, log correlation,
- ideally experience in supporting enterprise level data center network security systems,
- working knowledge of firewall and web filtering technologies,
- very good communication and interpersonal skills,
- excellent analytic, problem solving and troubleshooting skills,
- ability to efficiently handle multiple projects with shifting priorities,
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field,
- fluent English.
It would be a big plus if you have:
- experience with AWS/Azure and knowledge of cloud security best practices,
- experience with security of both Linux and Windows OS,
- experience with ITIL processes in an enterprise environment,
What’s the recruitment process like?
- 20-min phone call with tech recruiter,
- online tests: analytics, visual data design, English language,
- technical interview with Manager + Director of Security.