For our client, an international technology consulting company, we’re looking for Lead Cloud Systems Engineer who will join a global department supporting consulting & software teams in deployment of cloud infrastrucutre for business clients.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the work efforts, assignments, and day-to-day activities and operations of the Cloud Systems Engineers team
- Manage the development operations for a cloud and physical datacenter across multiple operating systems
- Ensure maintaining high availability and resilience for all Public and Private cloud offerings
- Provide business analysis and recommendations based on requirements, hardware/software evaluations, and environmental needs.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation required to support Infrastructure and Compliance
- Partner with management and peers to create process and policy, systems controls, and technology requirements.
- Support applications, systems, telecommunications and IT infrastructure across company’s global enterprise.
- Build relationship across cross-function teams and business areas to include Information Systems, Corporate Resources, Finance, and Technology.
- Mentor and guide Cloud Systems Engineers in the daily operations of cloud and datacenter administration.
- Manage the mentorship process for new Cloud Systems Engineers joining the team
- Motivate employees to meet performance objectives
- Allocate resources in relation to project management activities in order to meet customer needs and business objectives
We want you to have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field of study
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing and supporting enterprise level IT infrastructure
- Proven ability and experience to lead a team through organization, problem solving, and the development of best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal & written, to enhance team collaboration and motivate other engineers to enable customer-success.
- Expert knowledge of VMware virtualization products and AWS admin console administration
- Ability to be the company lead in the areas of Linux and Windows Server Administration related to support, maintenance, and troubleshooting knowledge of the operating systems
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, or Docker)
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in AWS services (EC2, S3, IAM, EBS) and administering admin console as well as the optimization of VMware-based implementations
Nice to have:
- Experience with UCS Manager, NetApp, Bash or Powershell Scripting, Solarwinds and Client facing webservers (Apache, Tomcat) is a plus
- Working in one of the fastest growing technology companies
- Opportunities to develop career in Cloud, Infrastructure or Technology Consulting
- Challenging job in an international business oriented environment
- High quality training, ability to get a well-known and respected certifications
- Employment contract with attractive benefit package and quarterly bonuses
- Private medical care, life insurance, sport and recreation programs